Jun 8, 2019

Grieving Changes 6-2-19


Ecc 3:1, 6 NKJV  To everything [there is] a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: ... A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away; Isa 43:19 NKJV - Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness [And] rivers in the desert.  Jhn 16:7 NIV - But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.   Phl 4:6-7 NKJV - Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
They say the only thing that is constant, is change.  And from the very beginning we have dreaded change.  So God often had to take very extraneous methods to get his people to relocate or change their directions.  He used droughts, invaders, exile, and persecution just to name a few.  He then used the actions to move the Israelites and the church to new and expanded blessings.  Did Israel enjoy the Promised Land after their time in Egypt?  Did Israel look for the Messiah more after the exile?  Are we better off with the Holy Spirit’s indwelling?  The answer of course is Yes! But we never would have chosen the path that God used.  Where do you see God’s hand in your past?  How many times have you seen blessings show up after times of great pain?
   I am working through a change in my work life.  My loyalty to clients and community has kept me in one office for 15 years.  Every time I had a thought of change, I would get busy again and put away the thoughts; somehow I thought with a little more effort the situation would get better.  Another large part was fear of change, I knew what needed to be done, and had developed coping mechanisms to deal with the inevitable stress.  God allowed some difficult circumstances where I could not finish all my work, where my coping was not effective; in short I crashed.  All the while God took this painful and turbulent time to bring my heart and mind to accept the change he was about to send my way.  Yet it was still very busy so I did not make efforts to pursue change, but God sent it to me. 
   There have been many confirmations already that God has orchestrated this change.  It was painful in the process, but once I let go and accepted God’s provision He has been very faithful to provide my anxious mind, affirmations of ‘His Unseen hand’.  Thank you Lord for your guidance, assurance, & direction! – A.J. 6-1-2019


No comments:

Post a Comment